Thursday, May 14, 2015

Ginger-Tomato Salmon With Coconut Jasmine Rice ( Toddler Friendly)


I am constantly looking for delicious new recipes for my family. I have a very picky toddler and its really hard to introduce new things to her. I stumbled upon this recipe while shopping at publix. They have their apron meal samples during the week.  I tried it and my daughter surprisingly liked it too. I got all the ingredients and made it myself the next day.  I have been loving Salmon lately and I usually just throw it in the oven with some salt and pepper along with some roasted veggies. This is a new exciting recipe that i would never thought of myself. This is the perfect weeknight dinner meal. You can literally throw it together within 15min. You can substitute the coconut rice for some quinoa or brown rice for a healthier option.  Hope you enjoy it. you can find the recipe on Publix's Website HERE




Ginger Tomato - Salmon

Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons ginger spice paste
1 cup low sodium chicken stock
1 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 lb salmon fillets, skin removed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (14.5-oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup green onions 

Steps
  1. Chop garlic. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place garlic, ginger, stock, and coconut milk in pan; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, season salmon on both sides with salt and pepper (wash hands).
  2. Add tomatoes and salmon to sauce, then reduce heat to medium-low; cook 8-10 minutes, basting fish with sauce occasionally, or until salmon is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily). Place salmon and sauce on rice; sprinkle with green onions and serve.

         
                                                                Coconut Jasmin Rice

Ingredients
1 cup jasmine rice
1 1/4 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup pre-sliced green onions
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt 


Steps:
  1. Place in medium saucepan: rice, stock, coconut milk, and oil; bring to a boil.
  2. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer rice 18-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff rice with fork; stir in green onions and salt. Serve.



The coconut rice is so delicious but if you don't have time to go through this step you can always substitute some instant brown rice. My favorite is Uncle Ben's 90 second Whole grain rice bags.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and definitely check out Publix's Apron recipes to find some other great meals


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS